In 2017 I had the honor of being the keynote-speaker at an symposium on Alan Turing, AI & Immortality, organized by Stichting ARTEk and ModernBodyFestival. In this post you can find the text, the video and additional material. Feel free to share this material.
Here’s the full text.
- PDF file of Natural Wonders Every Child should know by Edward Tenney Brewster. It’s the book Alan Turing got as a present as a 10 year old.
- The article ‘On computable numbers with an application to the Entscheidungsproblem’ . It is the article that introduced the precise mathematical concept of an algorithm, later called Turing machine. The most valuable part is the concept of universality. It’s quite a mathematically dense read. Not for the faint-hearted.
- Turing’s seminal article ‘Computing Machinery and Intellegince’, where he introduced the Turing Test.
- The Turing Archive at King’s College, Cambridge. This is source material for enthousiasts and historians.
- The website on Alan Turing by his biographer Andrew Hodges
- The Loebner Prize. Basically a Turing Test Competition.
- Turings Tango. The book by Bennie Mols on how humans and computer can dance through life together. Also check out his new book ‘Hallo Robot’
- A subject, that came up at the very end of the Q&A on counting beyond infinite. Here’s 23 minute video from VSauce explaining the basics of transfinite ordinal numbers and cardinality. Very accessible, but also potentially mind blowing! Don’t say I didn’t warn you 😉